Updated: May 13, 2019
The chew-iest, chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever made and I switched up the recipe to make them vegan! I think any way you can switch it up and skip the dairy without skipping the yummy-ness you have WON!
The kids kept asking for more and when Stetson got home from work, he who never says anything, says...”So yea these cookies are pretty amazing” Words of affirmation are definitely one of my primary love languages so of course my heart swelled up when he said this. Yes, my middle name is extra.
Now onto the recipeeeeee!
I N G R E D I E N T S
Yield 9 Cookies
8 tablespoons of vegan butter
1/2 cup cane sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 unsweetened applesauce (as the egg substitute)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips
I N S T R U C T I O N S
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Melt the butter a bit (I place it on top of the stove because I don't use a microwave)
3. Mix the sugars and butter until creamy
4. Add the vanilla and applesauce, mix well
5. Add the flour, baking soda and salt
6. Fold in the chocolate chips
7. Roll the dough into 9 balls and place on cookie sheet DO NOT OVER BAKE (to achieve the chew-iest cookies)
8. Bake for 9-11 minutes, until the edges are light brown
9. Let cool and enjoy!